Do you know someone who would make the perfect TEDxKanata speaker? Someone who is passionate, engaging and has an “idea worth spreading”?
We want to hear about them!
TEDxKanata is officially accepting speaker nominations for our next event, scheduled for February 28, 2019, with the theme “imagine”.
To nominate a speaker, simply fill out the form below by September 30, 2018. We encourage you to share this “Call for Speakers” with your networks so we can reach a wider audience of potential candidates.
Here’s what we expect from our speakers based on “The TED Commandments”:
- Dream big. Strive to create the best talk you have ever given. Reveal something never seen and heard before. Do something the audience will remember forever. Share an idea that could change the world.
- Show us the real you. Share your passions, your dreams, your fears. Be vulnerable. Talk about failure as well as success.
- Discuss complex issues in plain talk. Don’t try to dazzle people with your intellect or speak in abstractions. Explain everything. Give examples. Tell stories. Be specific.
- Connect with people’s emotions. Make us laugh! Make us cry!
- Don’t flaunt your ego. Don’t boast. It’s the surest way to switch everyone’s attention off.
- No selling from the stage! Unless TED specifically asks you to do so, do not talk about your company or organization. Don’t even think about pitching your products or services or asking for funding from stage.
- Feel free to comment on other speakers’ talks, to praise or to criticize. Controversy energizes! Enthusiastic endorsement is powerful!
- Don’t read your talk. Notes are fine. If the choice is between reading or rambling, then read.
- End your talk on time. Doing otherwise is to steal time from the speakers who follow you. We won’t allow it.
- Rehearse your talk. Strive for timing, clarity and impact.
Need some extra inspiration? Relive TEDxKanata 2018 by watching the talks here.